New Zealand Biosciences® Proprietary Whey Protein Blend (NZ Whey Protein Concentrate, L-Glutamine, Glycine, and Taurine) is sourced from New Zealand, which is known for its highly strict dairy processing standards. Guaranteed 100% pure (hormone-free), this high biological value whey concentrate contains a rich array of essential and non-essential amino acids, as well as high levels of bioactive immunoglobulins to support the immune system and intestinal function. Resistant to peptic digestion, the immunoglobulins increase the host’s defense against foreign microbes, reduce inflammation, and may reduce the likelihood of allergic reactions. Whey protein is the “gold standard” of protein for serious athletes, providing support for healthy blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, and C-reactive protein levels.
Glutamine and Glycine, in combination with the cysteine-rich whey protein, promote glutathione synthesis and combat free radicals. Glutamine, crucial in nitrogen metabolism, is important for replenishing amino acid stores, especially after exercise or stress. This amino acid aids in intestinal cell proliferation, thereby preserving gut barrier function and intestinal health.
Glycine, an inhibitory (calming) neurotransmitter, is an important constituent of collagen and a building block for other substances such as CoA, nucleic acids, creatine phosphate, purines, bile, and other amino acids.
Taurine, a derivative of sulfur-containing cysteine, has many healthful clinical applications, including the support of stable cell membranes, cardiovascular health, glucose tolerance, detoxification, and bile salt synthesis.
Aminogen® is a patented, natural, plant-derived enzyme that is clinically proven to increase protein digestibility and amino acid absorption, thereby boosting nitrogen retention and aiding in the synthesis of muscle mass and strength, as well as promoting deep muscle recovery.
Fiber Blend (Inulin from non-GMO Chicory, Beta Glucans, Oat Fiber, Corn Bran) supplies six grams of fiber per serving of Fitness Food. These fibers favorably affect serum lipids, healthy intestinal flora, formation of short-chain fatty acids, and blood sugar levels. Beta glucans and lignins impact the binding of bile acids and maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels. Beta glucans may offset immunosuppression caused by intense exercise.
Medium Chain Triglycerides are a rapidly absorbed, easily metabolized, and quick form of energy.
1. Hayes A, Cribb PJ. Effect of whey protein isolate on strength, body composition and muscle hypertrophy during resistance training. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jan;11(1):40-4 [PMID: 18090657]
2. Pal S, Ellis V. The Chronic Effects of Whey Proteins on Blood Pressure, Vascular Function, and Inflammatory Markers in Overweight Individuals. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009 Nov 5 [PMID: 19893505]
3. Luhovyy BL, et al. Whey proteins in the regulation of food intake and satiety. J Am Coll Nutr. 2007 Dec;26(6):704S-12S. [PMID: 18187437]
4. Jürgens H, Haass W, et. al. Consuming fructose-sweetened beverages increases body adiposity in mice. Obes Res. 2005 Jul;13(7):1146-56. [PMID: 16076983]
5. Kimber L. Stanhope J, et al. Consuming fructose-sweetened, not glucosesweetened, beverages increases visceral adiposity and lipids and decreases insulin sensitivity in overweight/obese humans. J. Clin. Invest. 2009 May;119(5):1322-1334
6. Castell L. Glutamine supplementation in vitro and in vivo, in exercise and in immunodepression. Sports Med. 2003;33(5):323-45 [PMID: 12696982]
7. Yatabe Y, et al. Effects of taurine administration on exercise. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;643:245-52 [PMID: 19239155]
8. Luis DA, et al. [Randomized clinical trial with a inulin enriched cookie on risk cardiovascular factor in obese patients.] Nutr Hosp. 2010 Jan-Feb;25(1):53- 9[PMID: 20204256]
9. Queenan KM, et al. Concentrated oat beta-glucan, a fermentable fiber, lowers serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic adults in a randomized controlled trial. Nutr J. 2007 Mar 26;6:6 [PMID: 17386092]
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.